Sortech is an automatic package sorting system that aims at simplicity and efficiency to guarantee a quick return on investment, maintenance to avoid critical situations arising, expandability and adaptability to situations that can change over time.
Sortech can be used in the following areas:
- by parcels, boxes or envelopes already ready for shipment, obtaining a sorting by delivery destination (geographical area, carrier etc.)
- by order, where one operates by sorting the different picked products in a cumulative form on the individual orders to make up the order quickly and simultaneously (sorting on the basis of massive picking)
This solution is particularly suited to distribution warehouses that operate on a high number of references for orders with only a few lines (e.g. e-commerce). The choice must be made taking into consideration the recovery of efficiency on picking.
Sortech uses a plate system (trays hooked to a central driving chain), which transports the product along the delivery bays (sorting) and releases it near the corresponding destination chute (area, order, carrier, etc.).
The product can be either loaded directly on to the plate by the operator or by means of one or more conveyor belts that connect the working tables to the sorter; the product is deposited on the trays through a simple and reliable product/tray tracking system. The barcode of the product deposited on the plate is then automatically read while a supervising system manages and controls the product unloading in relation to the sorting platform.
Sortech is a modular system that offers the following solutions:
- sorting on a variable number of deliveries, max 50 for single front unloading system, max 40 + 40 for a two front unloading system
- variable travelling speed depending on the requirements (max 20 m/min.- 45 pieces/min.)
- direct or belt loading
- integration with internal handling lines and warehouse management systems (Easystor) or transport management (Delsy)
Obviously the unloading methods are intended for sorting of non fragile (or properly packed) products of moderate weight (max 5 Kg).
Boxtech is a very flexible, moderately priced product. It is particularly suitable for internet orders.
These systems are additional, flexible tools to develop solutions for the management of distribution centres.
Boxtech & Wintech
For small orders and limited sorting (between 10 to 20) one can use a manual sorting system with interlocking guided by the operator. Boxtech takes advantage of the mail box principle, where every box is marked by a put to light module that specifies the quantity to be deposited. The cycle is very simple: supervising software checks the product code to be sorted (bar code reading) and depending on the requirements of the various orders accepts via display indicating the number of items on the corresponding box.
Wintech utilises the same principle but allows sorting on the pallets or on the hooks and allows closure with a window when it is not being used to reduce the occupation of space on the disk.
- orders/box combination
- massive picking from between 10 to 20 orders
- reading of product code
- display switches on, indicating the quantity on the corresponding box